
I am happy to say that at least one girl in Brian's life is growing. Lauren went to the doctor today and we found out that she now weighs 7 lbs 8 oz. and she is 20 1/2 inches long. She grew an inch! How nice is that. Man, what I would do for an inch. :-) The doctor was very pleased with Lauren and her growth. He kept telling me what a good little baby she is.
They also pricked her heel for the second PKU tests. She didn't like it very much but she was a good little girl. Then after much thought and (a lot of research!) the doctor gave her a frenectomy (clipped her tongue because it was attached at the bottom all the way to the tip.) He had to take two snips. The first one she didn't even cry. The second snip she only cried a little bit. This was a huge relief. I have had many sleepless nights worrying about this. It bled a little bit but then she was happy. She has been moving her tongue around all morning. It's funny to see her play with it. She has also smiled a lot more this morning than usual. Every time she eats she takes a few sips then stops to smile. It's really cute.
Today Aunt Angela, Uncle Tim and cousin Athena are coming into town to play with Lauren. We are going to hang out and play games with Aunt Amy as well. It will be a nice way to celebrate our 6th wedding anniversary. I love you Brian!
1 comment:
She is starting to fill out. She is so cute! Hey I posted some crazy news on our blog. Check it out!
Post a Comment