Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Okay, so I my last post didn't quite work right. Forgive me, I am still learning how to do this blog (Janelle is the pro in the family). So here is a description of the picuters from top to bottom.

This is a picture taken from the rail skate. People have their houses all along the rail lines and some of them are just little shacks. It has been quite an eye opener to see the circumstances in which these people live.

Another picture taken from the rail skate. We rode all teh way from town to the CWC (the wakeboard park) It was a LONG hard ride. But almost better than any roller coaster I have been on.

This is Brian, Max, Our Rail Skate Driver, oh and Dad's Finger tip!

A view of the Graves at the American Cemetary. I don't remember the exact number of grave here, but there are 38,000 names of service men and women who died on the walls.

This is the view of the Memorial. The walls you can see are about 15 feet high 10 feet wide and go around either side of the memorial to form a circle. from floor to ceiling are jsut row after row of names. Talk about pride knowing that these young men and women gave their all for the betterment of every person on this planet. Also, it was so quite and peaceful in the cemetary, quite the contrast from the city that is just outside the walls!

No comments: