Saturday, November 8, 2008

It "PAYS" to shop sales with coupons

So, I wanted to tell everyone about my good deals today. As I have said before, my sister and I collect coupons and use different shopping sites to get really good deals. When we saw the deals this week we put our lists together, checked out which coupons we had and got everything ready to go shopping at 6:00 this morning (we have busy lives and that's the only time we could do it without the kiddo's.)

I bought $204.82 worth of groceries which included, 6 boxes of Chex cereal, 6 cans of progresso soups, 3 bottles of ragu, 8 boxes of Au Gratin Potatoes, 3 bags of green giant vegetables, 3 bottles of dial hand soap, 4 pints of Ben and Jerry's Ice cream, 3 quarts of Bryers ice cream, 2 boxes of Go-gurts and many more products. It's a good thing we have a deep freezer and a food storage room.

I spent $59.24!!

That's a savings of $145.58. If I did my math right it's a 72% savings. Pretty good huh?

3 comments:

Anthony and Christel said...

Ok, you HAVE to tell me how you did that!

Losinthisdangfat said...

OH MY GOODNESSS! I really want to be like that so I can save my family some BIG money!
That's awesome!

Sara said...

OK, so you are going to have to give me the details on how you did that! What store did you shop at? I am cluelss with coupons, so educate me!