Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Tender Moments

I just had to share this little moment with you because it made my heart melt!

I put Lauren down for her first nap this morning at her normal time. I gave her a bottle of water, put her in her bed, put her blanket over her and then took her doggy out of her crib and put him up on her changing table so he could look down on her while she sleeps.

As soon as she goes down, I go into super speedy mode to get as much as I can in the time that she is asleep. I got into the shower and took a nice, hot, LONG shower. When I got out I could hear her making a few noises so I tip-toed into my room to get dressed then sped down the hall to the bathroom to do my hair and make-up. I could still hear a few noises.

I was a bit perplexed. She normally goes right to sleep, cries, or stands up in her crib waiting for me to pick her up. None of these things were happening. After about an hour of her making noises I went in to see if I had a huge "mess" to clean up.

When I walked in I could see her playing with her doggy and giving him kisses! It was the most tender thing in the world! There is no greater sound then to hear your little baby babbling away so happy.

4 comments:

Dave, Lisa, Summer and Jace said...

I can't believe how big Lauren is getting. Time sure flies. She'll be walking around everywhere before you know it if she isn't already. :)

Losinthisdangfat said...

Awww! That's so cute! Thanks for sharing that cute moment with us!

DeLoy and Heidi Brady said...

Oh- how tender is that! I love Lauren!!!

Sara said...

And people think there is no "nature" in the way little girls and little boys are made!
She is cut out to be a Mommy already. :)