Sunday, May 4, 2008

This week

Look how big Lauren is getting!
Lauren sitting in a "big girl" high chair. It was a new experience for her.
Lauren playing with her excersaucer.
She loves to spit! This is her before and after spitting again.
We hit a huge milestone this week!! On Monday night we decided to start sleep training Lauren so she slept in her own room, in her own bed. Lets just say that it didn't go very well. After she cried for 10 minutes we caved and held her, cuddled her and bought her into our bed. (I know many of you are gasping right now.) So, we decided to start slow. We decided that we would start by putting her down in her own room, in her own bed for naps. Well, on Thursday my sister Corey was over hanging out. Lauren was tired so we (she) decided that we would start then. We put Lauren in her bed and she didn't like it at all. I am sure the whole neighborhood heard. I was ready to cave after about 2 minutes of the most awful cries ever! I went in about every 5-10 minutes to put her binky back in her mouth. Corey made me stick it out for 25 VERY long minutes. After that she went to sleep and took a very short 30 minute nap. Thursday night we decided to put her in her bed to start out with and then we would bring her in when she cried. Get this... she didn't start crying until 3:00 am. Brian then went in and put her binky in. Then she woke up again at 6:00 am. I fed her a bottle, rocked her back to sleep and put her down again- in her crib. She didn't wake up again until 9:00 am. And... she smiled when we went in to get her. She wasn't even mad at us. Since then, she now takes naps and sleeps in her bed at night. Thanks Corey!! I couldn't have done it without you. This picture is of her sleeping right now. I love it!

7 comments:

bella utahan said...

Yea! Good for Lauren!

Lloyd & Kayla said...

awesomeness! success! kudos for gettin that done as soon as you did

Deanna said...

Good for you babe. I know it's tough to listen to them cry, but it gets easier the more kids you have! Just wait, if another one comes along, you will find that it's much easier to let them cry for a minute or two. :P
I can't believe how big she is getting! Miss you guys.

Brett & Kristen said...

Oh my! Lauren is getting SO big! She is growing out of her infant look...she's beautiful! Hope all is well!
xoxo,
Kristen

Losinthisdangfat said...

Lauren is sure getting big! She was born 1 week before Christian, and she looks to be skinier then Christian, and a little taller. Isn't it neat to see the differences between babies! They are all truly different aren't they.
I bet Lauren will be tall when she's older. She's so cute!
Love Andrea

Kellie said...

She is SOOOO tall! She's going to out grow you by like next month!

Dave, Lisa, Summer and Jace said...

She is so adorable, you guys are so awesome. We didn't get Summer into her own room until she was 8 months old. You are way ahead of us. You'll probably get a lot better sleep now too.