Saturday, March 13, 2010

Feb/March

Ok, so now that I know at least 20 people look at our blog, I have a little more motivation to keep it up. Sometimes I wonder if anyone is ever looking at it. I'm glad to know that we have such awesome friends and family

At the end of February I was in charge for an FSA (Families Supporting Adoption) activity. We rented out Classic Skating for the night and had it totally devoted to adoption. It was a really fun night. Lauren had SO MUCH FUN! She wanted to be on the skate floor all night! Brian was really great to be out there and skate with her while I was running around getting things worked out. That, and I was a little scared to put skates on with my bad foot and I was terrified to fall and have Lauren come tumbling down too.










We also invited a few different adoption vendors to come and show off their stuff. Seriously, aren't these shirts so cute!! I would have gotten all of them if they weren't expensive and if Lauren didn't grow every single day. These next few pictures are from the r house. They are HUGE adoption supporters! We love their blog! http://www.therhouse.blogspot.com/





We got the brown and orange shirt! So cute! Pictures to come below...


I love this company. We had Tiny Touches done of Lauren when she was about 3 months old? Maybe 6? I don't exactly remember. But they are so cute of her huge little feet. In this picture below. You have to look closely at the blue plaque that says Avery. Notice anything different? Yep, 12 fingers and 12 toes. Holy cow. The family wanted a memory of it before they surgically had it fixed. Crazy. Especially since I counted Lauren's little fingers and toes all the time to make sure there was only 10 of each.



We also had the girl from Birth mother Baskets. She runs a non profit organization and delivers baskets to... guess. Yep, birth moms.

Brittany & Matt- just being silly.



Brittany took Lauren out on the scooter. She loved it!


I love seeing them together!




Quick side note. Brian is sitting next to me eating Cocoa Puffs for Breakfast. I can smell the Chocolaty goodness. Yum! Since I'm allergic to milk, I don't really eat cereal. Cocoa Puffs is a huge exception. I eat them Dry by the handful. It's my favorite cereal, hands down!

Lauren and I have been going to the local pool to play with other mom's and their kids. She LOVES the pool! We always have so much fun! Until we have to leave, and then she screams because she doesn't want go. It's a little traumatic for all of us but the fun outweighs the tantrum by far. And it wears her out so much that she normally goes to be early which is always nice for Brian and I to have more alone time.

Here's the shirt that we got Lauren. It was difficult to get a good picture of her moving around but I was able to get this during one of my monthly adoption meetings.

Lauren has decided that she wants to play on the computer now. Hopefully she doesn't download some bad viruses.



Pictures to come! Me, My Daddy-o, and my two sisters, Corey & Kellie, joined a bowling league together. Our team is called "Daddy's little girls". We've only gone one week but it was so much fun! My Dad pretty much rocks! He got a 183 his first game. Corey is dang good too. Her and my Dad both got Turkeys (3 strikes in a row). Kellie and I, we're trying. We'll get better. We get a little frustrated with not getting as many pins down. At one point, I thought Kellie was going to huck the ball over her head at the pins. It's a blast. More to come on this next week.

We've finally ready to start our front and back yard. We finally got everything approved from the HOA (after me almost punching a few people over issues, which is another story). We start digging next week for the trampoline in the back yard and hope to have everything done within the next month or so, if weather is permitting. We are very ready for Spring and to play outside.

We are so anxious for August to come! We can't wait until Elisabeth (our foreign exchange student from Norway) gets here. We've had so much fun talking to her on Facebook and Skype. We talk about her everyday and we are always looking for new activities that we can do when she gets here. I can't wait for her room to be decorated too. It's a little boring right now.

I have lots to blog about for the next few weeks with our yard, bowling, everything that Lauren does (because everything she does is cute), and getting ready for Elisabeth and Brian's parents to come home! I told Brian today that we need to be better about bringing our camera with us places. He's going to help me. We love you all!

3 comments:

Kellie said...

You know, there may be some people that blog-stalk you and just don't want to say so! So consider it 20 PLUS people looking at your blog. MMWWAAHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA (you like my evil laugh? or should I say, my "plan laugh") lol

Erin said...

It all sounds like mucho fun! Btw, I love your long hair. It looks great! Aren't we getting together soon? Jen keeps texting me, but we've yet to see this come to fruition. Ready, set, GO!
Lauren is adorable, as usual.

Anonymous said...

She is growing up! I love these posts. Thanks so much. How fun to have gone skating. Gota ask who's better at DDR- Brian or Janelle? Watch out though, Lauren will catch you soon enough :-)

My mom saw this blog and loves it too!

Vernon