Thursday, March 25, 2010

Yesterday for Play group we went to the Fire station for a little tour. Before we went we read Curious George's book about visiting the fire house. It's crazy how much Lauren understands! The whole drive to the station she yelled fire truck. It was hilarious!

First we watched a little Elmo video about what fire fighters do.
Then they took us into the garage to take pictures with the truck. Sadly I couldn't find my normal camera so I had to grab our backup one (that I must say, I have no idea how to use). And, of course... the battery was dying! So I would turn the camera on and hurry and snap. Luckily I got a few pictures but none of them are really great. Oh well. At least I got a few so I can show her later.
They also gave all the kids a fire hat. She LOVES her hat!



While I was bowling last night I got a picture text message from Brian with Lauren playing in a box. I wish I could get it off his phone and on to here but he's at work. It was so cute I told him to forward it on to Brittany. She does the funniest things. Today I searched all over for our camera and found it! And also charged the battery in the backup camera, just in case.
I remember loving boxes as a kid. I'm happy to say that she is finally coming to that stage.


Brian set her new digs up with a blanket and pillow. He even cut a little notch out of it so she could get in and out and lay down in it and watch TV.
P.S. Lauren is also really into her "baby". She must be with her at ALL times! We have about 3 "baby's" and she has to have at least 1 with her every where she goes. Sometimes she has all 3. Love it!

2 comments:

Mareen said...

Brittany showed me the picture you sent to her phone of Lauren in the box. It is sooo cute! Brittany loved the fire department, too. She went in preschool. Did I put the picture of her with her fireman's hat on in the scrapbook?

Love the pictures and the blog!
Love you guys so much!

KC Jones said...

Oh so cute pics! I can't wait to have my lil one enjoy boxes...they were my favorite as a kid too!

Hugs,
Brett & Kristen