Monday, September 3, 2012

Preparing for School

The night before we went to Idaho we went to Lauren's preschool open house.  Later that evening I went to Walmart and ran into a friend who's daughter we taught in our church class.  She was the sweetest little kid.  I asked her how old she was now and she said she was 5.  I asked her if she was ready for Kindergarten.  She told me "I am in first grade".  I was super shocked and asked her mom how that worked.  She told me that since she had a late birthday she was able to find a private school that would take her into kindergarten and she just had to test into first grade.  I was looking for a way around the late birthday thing.  Lauren has been so ready to go into Kindergarten.  She is an only child, a girl (apparently girls are ready faster than boys for school), and super smart.  She told me that the school also offers dance classes and that her little girl LOVED it.  I was super interested but didn't know if Brian would go for it.  I happened to mention something on the drive on the way to Idaho.  Brian seemed super excited to so I told him all about it.  He was really excited so I called and was able to get her right into the school.  We stopped for lunch and I pulled the ipad out and registered her online.  We were freaking out a little bit.  I knew she was ready and that she would do just fine but I also imagined myself having another child when she went into kindergarten.  What am I going to do with my time?  We are still unsure about that.  So far I have been keeping pretty busy.

Well, the night before school started for her Brian and I followed our family traditions and Brian gave Lauren a father's blessing to start school.  If you don't know what that is click here to read more about it.  I love these pictures of the two of them.


No comments: