Lauren had her first field trip today with her Kindergarten. We went to the "fighter fighter" station. It was fun to be with her and meet the little kids in her class. Brian and I are so happy that we decided to put Lauren in school early. She was SO ready and we are so impressed by the progress that she has made. We love to hear her sound things out and she is doing a GREAT job at reading. We love that she is a little smarty pants!
Here is her class. There are only 12! We love the one-on-one that she is able to get with the small class. I spoke with my visiting teaching companion and she is a kindergarten teacher at a public school in the area. She has 59ish kids or so. Can you believe that? They are on different tracks so they aren't together but It just blows my mind. We may have to re-think the public school thing in the future.
This was the fire man that did the presentation and walked us around. The on that normally works with the kids was out so he wasn't the best but he got the point across. I even learned some new things too.
Lauren still covers her ears when she gets scared. I hope she never grows out of this because it is so dang cute!





No comments:
Post a Comment