We had a happy 3 weeks!! Elisabeth (our Norwegian exchange student from 2010-2011 school year) came home! Elisabeth really is one of our kids. We love her that much!
Lauren was the happiest girl having her sister home! She was always playing with her. Elisabeth never told Lauren to leave her alone or to go away or "no" for anything.
Her favorite thing was to do Elisabeth's hair. Elisabeth loved it too because she loves anyone playing with her hair.
Sisters!
My favorite picture! I wish I were in it but I just love the smiles on their faces! We were just missing Julio (from Mexico).
Elisabeth and I Skyped with him one night. Things haven't changed a bit with these kids. I just wish he could have been here so we could have hugged him and spent more time with him.
Elisabeth left us notes around the house again. It's been so fun to open a drawer and find a note from her. Whenever we find one it makes our day.
She brought CHOCOLATE. Not only chocolate but THE BEST chocolate. We ate one pretty fast (by "we" I mean "I".) We had to put it in the freezer to keep it away from me. I am not a huge chocolate fan at all but there is something about this kind that makes me crazy!
I cried for HOURS when this girl left. Lauren was so sad too! When she left Lauren didn't really understand that she wouldn't be coming back for a long time. She just kept telling me that we could pick her back up in a few days. When I explained to Lauren that she was going back home to Norway she burst into tears and said "but I love her mom". She is very sad that she is not here. I felt like a terrible mom!










No comments:
Post a Comment