Lauren had her graduation tonight. She looked so cute! We had it at a local park. It was very windy and cold but it was sweet to be there.
Lauren and her friend Kinley.
About half way through the graduation Lauren started dancing funny. We soon realized that she had to go potty. I hurried to take her to the bathroom. Sadly, I didn't know if the bathroom at the park was open and she was about to pee her pants. I started knocking on doors around the park. A nice family from our old ward answered and let us in. Lauren sad on the toilet for about 5 minutes, pee'd 5 drops and then said she was done. At that time I was dripping with sweat, frustrated, and worried about missing her part in the graduation.
We had been working on her part for weeks. She had it all memorized but when she got up there she froze. Her teacher had to tell her the part and she recited "play time is fun for extra practice, with words, letters, and finger strength."
She put her graduation cap (paper and bowl) on her head and graduated. She was VERY excited for the treats afterwards.
Grandma and Grandpa Smith were there to support her.
So were my parents.
She loved her teachers and is very excited for next year when she can go three days a week. I am still unsure about this. The good thing is that I will be able to focus more on cleaning the house and work while she is gone. Well, that's my hope at least.
No comments:
Post a Comment