Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Day with Lauren

Things with my work have been so busy lately.  For those of you that don't know, I am a foreign exchange area representative.  I love that I can mostly work my own hours and that I can do it from home.  Right now I am in one of my 2 busy seasons.  I have been finding homes for our 2012-2013 season students.  I found 7 great host families and they picked 7 great students.  Right now only 5 of them have been accepted into the school district so things have been a little stressful here for me.  With me being a lot stressed out, I decided that I needed a day off and that I needed to have a fun day out with Lauren.  I asked her what she wanted to do.  This was our day...

We started out by having a picnic.  Lauren LOVES picnics.  We decided that it would be really fun to have a picnic at Brian's work.  (I may have added the idea in her head.)  It was so fun that Brian was able to join us. His work has beautiful gardens that have won many awards.  Right now it's still a little brown but we still had lots of fun.

One of these things is not like the other.

Isn't this a pretty view?  Imaging when everything is green and there are 1000's of more flowers.  It's breathtaking.

Lauren decided that she wanted to roll down the hill.

She also chased a LOT of butterflies.  Brian and I just sat there and laughed at her.
We headed over to the bridge to see if there were any ducks.
There were!
This little girl loves flowers more than anyone I have ever met!
She wanted us to take a picture of her by the states.  I love her little pose.
After our picnic we headed off to "myballga" or also known as Trafalga.  We decided to do a round of indoor  mini golf.  Golfing with Lauren is always so funny!  She like to tell us how many strokes she got.  We cannot count and put the correct number in.  Sometimes she tells us 3, or 75, or a letter.  
We had a lot of fun together.  The down point of the day was when I bent down to pick up my glasses and Lauren went to swing and clocked me on the nose.  I immediately fell to the floor.  I was so glad that it was dark in there because the sight of her hitting me, me falling down, and then her standing over me asking me if I'm alright was really funny.  All in all, it was a good day and we both needed it (minus the nose incident.)

No comments: