Saturday, September 10, 2011

A Birthday Boy!

10 years ago, I was engaged to this cute boy...
We have a song. I know mushy... but we do. It's a song from Phil Vassar called Just Another Day in Paradise. There is a line in the song that says "Domino's pizza in a candle light". So for his birthday back then, we had a candle light Domino's pizza dinner.
I also made him a candy bar poster. We were engaged, so it's a little mushy. It also has some inside jokes involved in it. But it was fun to do back then.


So, for this year, I was a little sick and didn't really have time to get him something personal (I did get him some shoes but that's not really fun.) So, the night before his birthday I went over to my friends house and we made this for his birthday.

It kinda makes me laugh that it is so much worse this year than it was 10 years ago. Give me a little credit though it was really late at night and I was very sick. I do think that when we were engaged I went through like 10 poster boards because I wanted it to look perfect. I guess that's what you do when you are engaged. That has clearly worn off with us. But, I love him more today than I did back then. I am so happy that I have him.

No comments: