Monday, June 16, 2008

7 Years goes by FAST!

7 Years ago this weekend, Brian and I were having our daily Noni shots with our friends. Then all of a sudden, we noticed each other. (We look a little different now.)
Then Brian took me on our first date 4 wheeling. We rode up the canyon, had a nice picnic, and he even picked some flowers for me. It was a great start to a very special relationship. This was taken sometime in May. (I am horrible with details.) Then Brian's parent's went out of town for a youth conference. When they came home, to their surprise. There was their son, with a girl, holding hands! They were a little shocked.
To make a long story short, this is one of our engagement pictures. To this day, I still love my Brian as much as I did when I first met and married him. Since it's fathers day I thought I would put a few of my favorite things about Brian.

*I love his amazing eyes
*I love his Smile
*I love his height
*His witty sense of humor
*I love that he can fix anything. Even the things he breaks.
*I love that he helps clean the house
*I love that he can't function in a mess
*I love that he takes me camping
*I love that he remembers more than I do
*I love that he is a good dad!
*I love that he gets up in the middle of the night to take care of Lauren
*I love that he falls asleep in Lauren's room in her chair holding her because he wants me to sleep and he just can't bear to put her down
*I love that he loves my family
*I loves that he loves me even when he wakes me up from my naps (apparently, I am beast when I wake up from a nap.)
*I love that he likes to hold hands
*I love how close he is to his family
*I love that he's okay with us never leaving Utah County
*I love his BBQ'd hamburgers
*I love that he laughs at my jokes
*I love that he drives my little purple car so I can have the big one with the baby
*I love that he is a man but will help me quilt, make cards, make binky clips and watch chick flicks
*I love his laugh!
*I love that he will go grocery shopping and go to craft stores with me
*I love that uses words that I have never heard before
*I love that he grabs a box of cupcakes, runs down the hall and hides in a corner to eat them just to make me laugh
*I love that he's ok with the first serving from a casserole even though it's always the messiest and never looks pretty
*I love that he makes up his own words to songs
*I love that he learns my childhood songs to sing to Lauren
*I love that he's ok with Lauren having more shoes than he does.
*I love that he is clean
*I love that he can take me to the temple
*I love that he can bless me when I am sick
*I love that he takes out the garbage because he knows I hate to

I really could go on for hours more. Brian is such a wonderful husband and Dad. I love you Brian!

6 comments:

Anthony and Christel said...

Wow, his hair certainly has changed. You two are a great couple!

KC Jones said...

Great blog! It's the memories and everlasting love that keeps each day getting better and better! :-)

Kellie said...

I love Brian because he loves my big sister! Happy Fathers Day Brian!

Deanna said...

It's funny, I love Dan for many of the same reasons that you love Brian. Either we are both really similar in many way (and in what we looked for in a husband) or we just happen to be some of the luckiest girls in the world...or both... :)

Tiffany said...

It took me forever to find Brian in that first picture, and when I did I couldn't stop laughing! You two are so cute, I'm glad things have been working out for you, you deserve it!

Anonymous said...

You forgot how much you love his hobbit feet! HAHAHAHAHA