Saturday, November 10, 2012

Placement

Placement day is such a bitter sweet day.  I remember with Kellie I was an emotional wreck.  I then was an emotional wreck with Brittany because I remember the pain that Kellie felt and didn't want Brittany to feel that as well.  As we knew, every adoption is different.  The same goes with placement.  This one was very different.  Because of the little miracles that were happening to us I knew that things would go through.  I also had so many good talks with Nancy that I knew she was okay.  With Brittany I remember being in and out of there within an hour.  With Nancy we were there at 6:45 and didn't leave until 9:00.

We first started out with gifts.  We gave her one of our favorite "Thank you" blankets.  I felt so inadequate giving her a $70 blanket that said thank you when she was giving us a child.  We also gave her a bag with the Taylor Swift CD (Red) we listened to this all the time and both like track number 9 (Stay), a web cam, a diamond necklace, some chap stick and George (a giant monkey that matches one that we got Liam.)

Some of my super sweet birthmom's also got her some sweet gifts.  I love those girls (Thanks ShaNae and Maren).  She loved the stuff!
 Then Nancy gave us the rundown on Liam.  What he likes, how much he eats, and some things she loves about him.  This was one of my favorite parts.  For those of you out there that think that these girls "give their babies away because they don't want them" you are idiots!  I have never felt more love in my life coming from her.  Both of my kids are SO blessed to have birth parents that LOVED them so much!

 Then we took some pictures.



I love this picture!



 We knew that Nancy was going to come over the next day to get her stuff and see Liam so we didn't feel like it was goodbye which made things a little easier.  It did break my heart when I turned around though and saw Beth (Nancy's sister) and Misty (Nancy's Mom) cry.  I remember being in Beth's place and my heart broke for her.  I am grateful that we believe in open adoption though.  She can see pictures of Liam and we hope to have a relationship with them in the future.

 Getting ready to go home...
 My parents were at my house watching Lauren and were waiting anxiously for us to get home.  When we got there we let Lauren hold Liam first.  At that moment my heart smiled!  She loves that little boy so much.


 Then my mom got to hold him.
 Then my Daddy-O.

Then Aunt Amy-E came over to hold him.
 And Grandpa and Grandma Smith.
 Then about 10:15 we texted Tiffany to come over.  She was SO excited!

Then we headed for bed.  Poor little Liam was all tuckered out.  He didn't sleep much but that's ok!

No comments: