Thursday, August 5, 2010

Holy Hail!

The weather here has been pretty crazy lately! It's been super hot!! About 5 days a few storms started to roll in. If you know me, you know that I HATE thunder and lightning!! It freaks me out!! I called Brian yesterday at work and told him to come home and hold me because the thunder was so loud. The lightning even hit something nearby and it was so scared. While I was on the phone with him it started hailing. I was trying to tell him how big it was. He listened but it is different if you can't see how big it is. So later that night we got to watch it together AND it was even bigger!! There was tons too!! Check this out!

The hail was jumping like 5 feet in the air off the tramp. It was cool to watch.





Brian wanted to go out and get a handful of it to show how big it is. I told him that it wasn't a smart idea because he could get hurt. He didn't believe me until he walked outside and got pelted on the back of the head from one of these huge hail stones.
The street was covered in about 2 minutes.
We ran out to the front to check it out and saw our favorite neighbors out there checkin' in out too.
Crazy huh? It was fun to see it though. Luckily our cars weren't damaged but we know of some people who weren't as lucky.

No comments: