Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Another California Trip

Yep... Another trip back home to San Jose. We found out on the 17th that my grandma passed away. So, we packed up that night and drove out the next morning to attend her funeral. Lauren was beyond GOOD on the drive to and from. She only fussed for like 2 minutes total! Seriously! She was angelic! On Friday we drove ALL the way. All 12 hours! We were so appreciative to Brian's Aunt & Uncle for letting us stay in their guest cottage- both times! It saved us a lot of money and it was so nice to come and go as we needed.

Just a little disclaimer about our pictures below. Lauren likes to take our camera when we are not looking and poke her little finger in the little doors that has the lens. So that's why a lot of our pictures are a little fuzzy.

On Saturday we worked on some funeral plans and then went out and played. We went to the Flea Market and got a few more pairs of shoes for Lauren. When we were there last month we found a pair and it is her favorite!! So we decided to get 3 more pairs in different colors and sizes.

On Saturday night we went to visit some friends. They had a park nearby that was so cool! It was designed for a little handicapped girl. 90% of it was wheel chair accessible. Lauren had a blast!







Brian had fun too!



We thought that it would be fun to take a family picture. Attempt #1.

Attempt #2.



We got it!


On Sunday after church (of course) we went to the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk. It was my grandma's favorite place and I think Lauren is loving it as well.
My daddy-o. He decided not to go in the water and designated himself the thong watcher. Hehe.


The water was cold (as always) but the sand was wonderful!! I miss the beach!


So we put Lauren on a few rides again. She had the best time and did not want to leave. Look at her cute little smile.








On Monday we had my grandma's funeral. It was really nice. I have so many memories with her. She will be missed. After the service we went across the street to the cemetery to get a picture of her headstone. She was buried with my grandpa.




This is my biological grandpa's grave. My grandma and grandpa were married for 16 years when he passed away. My mom was 16 so I never knew him. I feel that I know him and I am excited to see him again some day.




Isn't my hubby a cute boy? I like him.

After the funeral, cemetery, and family luncheon, we headed back home. We decided to stay the night in Reno to try to break up the long drive. We got a hotel room off of hotwire.com. This was our first time using hotwire. I've never used them before because they don't tell you who you are booking a room with until after you make the arrangement. But I thought a 4.5 star hotel for $50 bucks a night. Can't be too bad huh? Well, It was great!! We had a nice room and rested up for the long drive home.
Lauren loved the room too. She especially loved the mirror. Can you see what she's doing?


Gross huh?



There was even a flat screen TV in the bathroom. Holy cow.

All in all it was a good trip. It helped so much that Lauren was so good for the whole trip. We will miss my grandma but until then, I will carry the LaVergne name (my middle name).

Here's a little video of Lauren. She's feakin' cute!

No comments: