Sunday, May 16, 2010

The Beginnings & Middles of May

Lauren's birth families have a tradition that they give each grand child an Indian name. When Lauren was just a little girl they asked us if they could do the same for her. I wish I remembered it off the top of my head, but I don't. I promise it's in her memory box though. :-) Along with the name Brittany's aunt made Lauren this cute little outfit. Since it finally fit her (well, kind of) we thought we'd get some fun pictures for them.







May 8th was Birth mother's day. We spent it doing a 5k. Okay, maybe just under a 5k. It was more like 2 miles. It was a lot of fun to be there to show support for Adoption!!
Cosmo even showed up to support!
Kellie & Phily came too. Kell was a trooper in the cold and ran around the track with me.


Mareen and her little friend Faith came too. Lauren had a BLAST with Faith. Oh, and my mom and dad were there too. We didn't get a picture of them but a big thanks to them for their support!

On Mother's day we went to my mom's to spend it with the whole fam damly. Lauren helped me with the dessert. She loves to help me cook. I'll tell ya- I never knew that i would love being a mom this much! I cherish every day with Lauren and love that little girl more than words can say. Mothers day made me so thankful to Brittany for making me a mom!

Brian has been working SO HARD on our yard! It's been tough that we've done 95% of it ourselves but we are so happy to have it almost done! It's been hard having patience to wait until we can do all that we want to but we're seeing an end in sight. Lauren LOVES the in-ground trampoline! She has had a lot of friends come over to jump with her. One day we had like 10 kids over jumping. She was in Heaven!


The other day I was craving smores so we got our little fire stand and started roasting marshmallows on the front porch. It was fun family time. Lauren absolutely LOVED it.


How good does this look?!? And, Brian's uncle taught me the trick to the best smores. Can you tell what it is?...

A layer of creamy goodness! It's all about the SKIPPY!!

Elisabeth, we were thinkin' about you the whole time we were making them. Can't wait for you to get here to make them with us!

Since we enjoyed them so much on Saturday night we decided to have some on Sunday too. We even sat on our new patio. It was so relaxing!

And, Aunt Amy joined us too.


We sat and watched Lauren jump. Did I mention that she loves the trampoline? She even got us out there a few times to jump with her. We did a few fun tricks too.

Look... we finally got our concrete poured! The rest of our fence goes in today so that means we only have the grass left. Oh, and our shed and playhouse for Lauren but those might have to wait until next year.

That's what we've been up to. Wanna help us lay sod on the 29th? :-)

2 comments:

Mareen said...

Thanks for posting the pictures so my family can see Lauren in her Indian outfit. Her Indian name is "Whisper".
I sure enjoyed spending time with you guys on the 8th! I can't believe how much Lauren is growing! You are the best!

Love ya,
Mareen

Tiffany said...

Looks like you've been buys, Lauren is SO STINK'N CUTE! Miss you guys!