Friday, February 5, 2010

I remember the days

I remember the days when Brian and I would say that they house was so messy! Then we would take 5-10 minutes and clean the whole house. I remember when Brian's parents would call to say that they were going to stop by to say "Hi". We would hurry and clean and stuff things in closets at times so they wouldn't see our house messy. Now... I don't think we have closets that are big enough. How can such a small little girl make such a mess around the house?

We'll start in the family room. Marshmallows all over the floor.

Then she finds some sort of container and collects things. Random things. She's very particular about what she stores. She picks things up. Studies them, and then decides if they are worthy to cart around. Here she has 2 spoons, a picture album, my yellow necklace, her Tinkerbell cell phone, and a toy. What do these things have in common you ask? I have no idea. I would love to get inside her little head and figure out what she's thinking. Anytime we are missing something we go to check her containers. She's very fast too. We can put something down and her little hands grab it before we can even pick it up again.
Here's the kitchen. She's emptied all of her hair ties out of their little bag and spread them all over the floor.

Kitchen #2. She empties crackers. Smooshes them and then spreads them all over.
Her room. She can empty her bookcase in a matter of 30 seconds.

The toy room. Okay, now they're supposed to get messy so I don't have too much to stand on here. But still... 1 little person... 1 big mess.


My favorite part of the day!!!! Lauren LOVES books. She has some fun ones too. We love the time of night when we get to read to her. Sometimes we will read to her well after she is asleep just to see how Curious George's trip to the firehouse ends. After we read some fun books we read some books that we can sing along to. Her favorite is Whenever I hear the song of a bird song. Then she goes to sleep and we clean for the next day to do this all over again. I wouldn't change it for anything.

4 comments:

Tiffany said...

I love it! Kyler also collects things. We have a small little cupboard that he "hides" things in. If we are missing something, thats the first place we look.

Gordon said...

Janelle, look at the bright side. Turn arownd twice and say shezaam and she will be 19, married and move out.

Gordon said...

Or, perhaps that's the not so bright side (grin).

Deanna said...

LOL - you think one is bad.... LOL - Aaron does a LOT of those same things! :)