Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Our Crazy life

I feel like we are going non stop every day without time to breath (or blog). So I thought I would let you know what we've been up to since I have been horrible at blogging.

Brian- Brian has been gone this last week to Arizona. He and another co worker of his drove a huge box truck down to pack up an office that will be closing down. He comes home really late tomorrow or Friday. He's been going non stop. He's ready to be home to play with his girls. Then he leaves in the middle of next month for 2 weeks to the Philippines to see his parents. We are really going to miss him!!

Janelle- I joined the "chubby club" as we like to call it. We (me and 5 other women from the ward) have a personal trainer come to our house 3 times a week and he kicks our butts! I have had some really sore days but I am feeling better overall. We have been doing this for about 6 weeks now. It makes my week tough. I only have 1 free weeknight and then Saturday to take care of things. I'm not getting a ton of sleep but I am feeling really great. I've been really worried about Brian leaving me for 2 weeks but we've done really well this week. I think that it was a blessing in disguise that he went to AZ. Now I know that I won't get too overwhelmed with him gone (I'll still miss him like crazy though). The house has surprisingly stayed really clean too. I'm now going to blame him for all the messes.

Lauren- *Sigh* Is so active!! I am getting some good workouts catching up with her. She rarely sits still and is very busy. She loves books. I read about 30 books to her a day. I just can't turn her down when she comes to me holding a book. I stop whatever I am doing and read it to her (normally about 3 times in a row). I think I have them all memorized. She is so smart. She really understands what I am telling her even though she chooses to ignore me sometimes. She really misses her daddy. She goes to the front door everyday and knocks on it waiting for me to open it hoping that Daddy will be standing there. Luckily she gets to talk to him on the phone a few times a day. It always makes her happy. She's also really great at playing alone. I got a video of her playing and dancing. I love her little bum shake! She still runs into tables, walls, chairs, the couch and anything else that is on the ground. But she's becoming a little tougher. We're still trying to conquer the stairs.

Our Adoption Update- I forgot how slow the process takes to get approved. I keep setting deadlines by when I think we will be approved; by Lauren's birthday, by the end of the year, by the end of January, by the end of Feb. and now it's by the first week in March. I have an AMAZING friend helping me with the scrap booking of the pages on Monday. We need to review our birth mother letter one more time and then we have our home study next Wednesday. I'm anxious to get approved.


3 comments:

Amy E. said...

Remember, all you need to do is ask, and I'll be there to help you when Brian is gone.

Dave, Lisa, Summer and Jace said...

I hate when Dave goes out of town too. Luckily it isn't that often. I also work with the beehives. I love it. They are so cute!

Tiffany said...

Sounds busy busy busy. Thanks again for all your help while we were in AF. Lauren is so cute, good luck with the upcoming events on the adoption