Wednesday, July 6, 2011

July 4th Weekend

Our friends told us about an awesome tradition that they have for the 4th of July. They go over to their parents and they camp in the backyard. We thought that it sounded like something that we would like to try. So, we set up our tent and camped out. It was so fun.... until, at 5:30 in the morning it started to sprinkle. So I woke Brian up. We went frantic to get everything inside before the storm totally hit and drenched us. I picked Lauren up and she as bright and awake as she could said "good morning mommy". I was freaking out because I DID NOT want her to stay awake. Luckily when we put her in her bed she fell back asleep. Even with all the craziness, we're up for trying it again.

Later that next night we went to my parents to shoot off some fireworks.
Brian's family joined us as well.
Boys will be boys!
Lauren made sure that Mom knew the routine.
We had a big crowd with a lot of fireworks. We even had a few friends and neighbors show up as well.

I love this boy.

No comments: