Friday, February 25, 2011

SNOW!!

This morning we woke up to this...


I was in heaven!! I. LOVE. the. snow!! Love it! Especially when we get this much. I went out to say goodbye to Brian and the kids while they were shoveling the snow. Brian hasn't been feeling very well so I was able to convince him to stay home and sleep it off. We may have let the kids stay home as well. They work hard, they get good grades. Don't judge us! :-)

Julio loves the snow! Being from Mexico he is in awe every time he sees it. He is always touching, walking, or throwing the snow. ALWAYS! He was in heaven!
So, he made his first snow angel.
After Brian slept for the morning, we decided to take the kids out to play. Elisabeth's friend Anne (from Norway) who lives in Cedar hills right now had one of her friends in town from Norway named Pernilla. Anne was at school and Pernilla was home alone so we decided to pick her up to play with us as well.

When we first got the park in I realized that I had forgotten Lauren's jacket and hat. The first thing she said when she got out of the car was "Mommy, I so cold". I felt so bad. Luckily my brother, Joel lived 2 blocks away. We ran over to his house and they had some clothes that Lauren could wear. His kids were all done with school so they decided to join us.

Lauren was a happy little girl from there on out! She had more fun than ever! We borrowed this little sled from my sister. She loved it!



Elisabeth & Pernilla and their snowman.

Our cute little family.

Remember how I said that Julio is always touching, walking, and throwing the snow? Well, sometimes he throws it at us. Or puts it down the backs of our shirts. We decided that it was time to teach him a lesson. We missed the initial tackle. By me! It was fun.
I love this picture. These are my two favorite people in the whole world!


Life doesn't get any better than this!
The kids all played together.


Julio wrote his name in the snow.

Love this face!!





We had the whole park to ourselves. The snow was all fresh. It was great. I think I may have been too cold because I came up with this amazing idea to roll down the hill as fast as we could. It was fun for the first 2 rolls. After that it wasn't fun at all. Especially when half way through I decided to pull in tighter and roll faster. Needless to say, I was sick for a few hours after. I think it was worth it though. It was a great day! By 6:30 in the evening, ALL the snow had melted and the streets were dry. I am so happy that we took the opportunity to go when we did.

No comments: